Friday, August 26, 2011

Glitches

It is 4 a.m.  I got up at 2:30 a.m. because my brain finally clicked that there was a glitch in the Sibelius program.  I did a clarinet choir arrangement yesterday, and I didn't want to transpose the score except for the parts for clarinets in e-flat.  Problem is that if you click "transposed score" on the parts you want transposed, it treats those parts like you have already transposed the entire score, thus putting them a whole step higher than what you need.  So, I selected everything, put it in B-flat Major, and hit "transposing score".  Worked like a charm.

I need to make a basset clarinet part for this.  Many schools have them.  They are sweeter sounding than the alto clarinets--not near as brassy in the upper register, or nasal in the lower.


No comments:

Post a Comment