Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Two clarinet quartets for download on Score Exchange

I know--I've already posted today.  But I found some old files that I've been looking for and have posted them on Score Exchange.  They are two clarinet quartet arrangements.  One is Hungarian Dance No. 5 by Johannes Brahms.  It is being sold for $1.50.  The other is The Star-Spangled Banner, and it is free!  Both are for three b-flat clarinets and bass clarinet.  The Brahms would be good for a high school group (I might have one of my groups play it this year).  The SSB is a little easier, but it isn't cheesy or boring.  The reason that I have listed it for free is that every American ensemble needs an arrangement of this, and it needs to be a good one.  Playing a cruddy arrangement of our national anthem is like listening to a pop singer sing it and forget the words.  You just don't do it!  So, this arrangement is a good one, and I want the clarinet world to have it with my blessing. 

TU's new Lorton Performing Arts Center is absolutely stunning!  I am so spoiled to be teaching there.  And as an alumni who never thought she would see this building, I have to say that it is better than I ever expected.  I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment